RE: "Uh, what do I need this for" (was RE: XML.COM: How I Learne d toLove daBomb)

Given your comments about your so-called new-found love for HTTP, I
think you are misunderstanding the foundations of SOAP that you call so
into question. SOAP is a rather simple protocol with extensibility at
the core and as Mike points out, HTTP is not tied to HTTP although in
strange ways it has inherited many things from HTTP. There are plenty of
ways that it can be used in non-HTTP scenarios - might want to look at
SOAP-RP [1] and DIME [2] as examples.

Enough about that - if you want to discuss SOAP, I encourage you to do
it on SOAP mailing lists.

Henrik

[1] http://www.gotdotnet.com/team/xml_wsspecs/soap-rp/default.html
[2] http://www.gotdotnet.com/team/xml_wsspecs/dime/default.htm