Re: [Sax-devel] SAX namespace handling underspecified?

Hmm, complication:

    <!DOCTYPE foo [
    <!ENTITY base "http://www.example.com/namespaces/">
    ]>
    <foo xmlns="&base;FOO" xmlns:bar="&base;BAR"
        bar:barian="heathen" bar:sinister="left" />

I think that either of these event sequences should be legal (leaving
out many events); I think there are SAX2 parsers with each behavior
(and certainly could be, if there aren't).

First example, declarations reported as they're parsed:

    startEntity ("base")
    endEntity ("base")
    startPrefixMapping ("", http://www.example.com/namespaces/FOO)
    startEntity ("base")
    endEntity ("base")
    startPrefixMapping ("bar", http://www.example.com/namespaces/BAR)
    startElement (...)

Second example, there's a delayed action effect:

    startEntity ("base")
    endEntity ("base")
    startEntity ("base")
    endEntity ("base")
    startPrefixMapping ("", http://www.example.com/namespaces/FOO)
    startPrefixMapping ("bar", http://www.example.com/namespaces/BAR)
    startElement (...)

Similar examples can be constructed without a DTD; just put another
attribute between the ns decls, like name="at&amp;t".

Comments?  That is, "immediately" isn't quite right ... it's more like
any startPrefixMapping call matches the next startElement, and
endPrefixMapping matches the previous endElement.

- Dave