RE: Sun and independent developers

Is the issue to do with the fact that the work on XML-RPC isn't
being recognised (e.g. as a possible source of implementation
experience), or that this JCR may sideline that work by putting
a rubber stamp on SOAP/XP?

As the JCR notes that, it "will not attempt to develop,
define, or constrain network protocols or network data formats
or network interface definition languages.", its seems like XML-RPC
could be supported as a "pluggable" (to quote the JCR again) protocol
just like any other. So there doesn't seem much scope for sidelining.

It's certainly surprising that XML-RPC isn't noted as a reference
though.

Cheers,

L.