Re: I need a name

The most common term seems to be "universal name". This is used
informally in the namespaces rec in section 1.0.:

   These considerations require that document constructs should
   have universal names, whose scope extends beyond their
   containing document. This specification describes a mechanism,
   XML namespaces, which accomplishes this.

It is also used by James Clark in his paper about XML Namespaces and in
my XML namespaces FAQ. BTW, James introduces the notation
{<uri>}<local-name> -- for example, {http://www.foo.com/}a -- as a way
of spelling out universal names. I've used this in the FAQ as well.

--
Ronald Bourret
XML, Databases, and Schemas