RE: Sun and independent developers

>Actually, I think there's a pretty standard general usage.

>XML RPC is a generic term that is used to describe any XML based remote
>procedure call language, and could just as easily subsume SOAP, for

Just out of curiosity, is that really true in others experience?  I have
personally heard people talk about "XML-based RPC" or "XML Procedure
Calls" and many other variations.  I do not believe that I have *ever*
heard or seen anyone use "XML RPC" to mean "XML-based RPC" (other than
in the context of this particular discussion).  I would be interested in
evidence that this is really such a standard general usage as opposed to
something like "XML-based RPC".