From: Gao Jun [mailto:jgao@patternware.com]
Sent: Wednesday, September 05, 2001 7:47 PM
To: xml-dev@lists.xml.org
Subject: About full-text search and XPath

Hi, gentlemen,

     I've a question about XPath. I already know XPath doesn't

support full-text search well, but what I need is a simple full-

text search: I've a library of XML documents, each document

is very simple, with only two elements <title> and <excerpt>.

Now I need to do full-text search in this two elements' content.

Could XPath finish this task well? If not, could you recommend

some XML search engine and XML DB software which can do

that to me? Please notice: the software should be able to

work with very large number of XM documents - up to 200,000.

Thanks

Gao Jun