RE: Sun and independent developers

A lot more than you suspect.  SGML hypertext systems
predate HTML by some number of years.  The name
HTML was criticized early for precisely that reason.
But all things considered, no one any longer cares.
Keeping history straight is very hard on the web.
One reason is the web is an amplifier, not a truth
factoring system.  It simply blows.
Another is it was originally blithely ignored by the web's
early pioneers and now that is SOP.   Sun is doing
what other's did before.  Doesn't make it right, just
not novel on the web.

But XML-RPC:  first time I saw that was from Dave Winer.
I read a lot of markup articles and have obviously
before the web got going, so I think he really does have
the first dibs on that one.  XML-RPC is not the first
time I've seen such a concept considered using markup
for network messages, but it is the first time I saw it for XML.
Just one observation....

Len
http://www.mp3.com/LenBullard

Ekam sat.h, Vipraah bahudhaa vadanti.