Re: Bad News on IE6 XML Support

* Roger L. Costello wrote:
>Cafe con Leche XML News and Resources [1] reports bad news on IE 6 XML
>support:

>> Now for the bad news (and there's a lot of it):
>>
>> At first glance, CSS support for XML does not seem to
>> be significantly improved. For instance, display:
>> table is still not supported.

Who cares? If I want tables, I use XHTML.

>> Microsoft still labors under the illusion that there
>> is a MIME media type text/xsl. IE does not recognize
>> the actual MIME types text/xml and
>> application/xml+xslt as identifying XSL stylesheets.

text/xml and application/xml are appropriate,
application/xml+xslt _isn't_, as is text/xsl.
If the WG had provided a MIME type with XSLT 1.0,
we wouldn't have this problem. Microsoft implemented
XSLT the best they could, according to the working
draft available that time.

>> Bottom line: any doubt that the IE team at Microsoft
>> actually cares about standards has been erased. More
>> than three years since XML 1.0 was released and almost
>> two years after XSLT 1.0 was released, IE still does
>> not correctly implement these specifications.

Who cares? IE6 is a web browser, thus implementing things
like URI, HTTP, TLS, UTF-8, HTML, CSS, ECMA-262, etc.pp.
I've never heard, browsers need to implement XML nor XSLT,
in fact, I consider implementing XSLT as beeing harmful,
since people would use it.