Re: Client-side XSLT. Re: Bad News on IE6 XML Support

On Sunday, September 9, 2001, at 04:44 PM, David Carlisle wrote:

>> Could somebody please show me a *single*benchmark* illustrating
>> that client-side XSLT load-balancing works and saves 'that much'.
>
> speed/load depends on all sorts of issues and isn't particularly
> interesting (well it is to some but...)

Of interest to this thread might be Tim Chester of Texas A&M University's
article in the October 2001 Dr. Dobbs comparing the performance of ADO/ASP,
  XML/XSLT/ASP and cached XML/XSLT/ASP.

Chester found that while ADO/ASP out performed the XSLT architecture in
terms of response time and throughput, the caching XSLT architecture
significantly out-performed the ADO/ASP model.

The article is not on the Dr. Dobbs site, so you'll have to visit your
friendly, independent technical bookseller.
----
Bill Humphries <bill@whump.com>
http://www.whump.com/moreLikeThis/