Re: [xml-dev] The ICE (Information and Content Exchange) AuthoringGroupinvite s you .......

Are you planning a conference call or some other means to disemminate this
information? I am an analyst focusing on XML, but to be honest, I would
rather not travel at the moment. Is it possible for you to have a conference
call, web conference, Flash presentation, or other means to get this
information without having to appear in person? I know that for myself, and
probably others in the analyst community, showing up in person for a
few-hour or one day dialogue on a focused effort is not possible given the
economic, security, and resource challenges in this environment.

This is actually the second event IDEAlliance has hosted that was fairly
difficult, if not impossible, for analysts to attend without their physical
presence (the other was an in-person meeting about PRISM in New York). I
have also been trying to get your people to chat with us on the phone about
your efforts and it has been likewise difficult. Just some advice for
yourself and any others that care to spread information in an "in person
only" format. I would rather not have information doled out in person when
it can be as effectively distributed over remote means.

I sent this to the group to urge others who plan to announce products,
services, or standards, to make it easier on analysts and journalists by
offering alternate means to get content other than by attending in person.
This is doubly the case for "standards" groups that have openness as a
stated objective.

Thanks,
Ron Schmelzer
Senior Analyst