Re: [xml-dev] RE: Namespaces Best Practice

> > This accounts for restrictions
> > in XSLT, most notably that you can't add attribute nodes after you've
> > added any element.
>
> You can:
>
> <xsl:stylesheet
>    xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform"
>    version="1.0">
>
>    <xsl:template match="/">
>      <A>
>       <xsl:attribute name="b">bbb</xsl:attribute>
>      </A>
>    </xsl:template>
>
> </xsl:stylesheet>

My mistake. I should elaborate. I think you're talking about

<A>
<B/>
<xsl:attribute name="b">bbb</xsl:attribute>
<A>

( which is forbidden )

My point was that just existance of  xsl:attribute
is making streaming hard and there are also some
other things...  That's why there is no (?) XSLT
engines that support the streaming. I think this is
all as hypitetical as 'no-side-effects allows paralellism'
( there is no parallelism in current XSLT engines)

Rgds.Paul.