From: Bob Sharp [mailto:bobsharp@ntlworld.com]
Sent: Friday, September 21, 2001 2:54 PM
To: xml-dev@lists.xml.org
Subject: [xml-dev] Newbie asking for help.

Hi

This is probably quite easy for most of you, and as such I can't
understand why there is not one clear example in any tutorial I have
searched through on the web.

I have a set of XML files on the server containing related data,  each
contains< /FONT>the main relationship ("key") with a tab called "pageName".
<pages>
   <page>
              <pageName>   </pageName>
               <pageTitle>   </pageTitle>
                <pageDescription>  </pageDescription>
                <pageKeywords>
                        <pageKeyword> </pageKeyword>
                        < .......
                </pageKeywords>
    </page>
</pages>

pageName is passed in Session.

I need to get the pageTitle of just one record, but without using XSL.
Can anyone tell me how this is done with the briefest possible script.
I use JavaScipt and the XML is instigated with ....
        var aspObj = Server.CreateObject("ContentMgtClient.CMClient");
        var pagesXML = aspObj.GetPageDetailsList();

Hoping someone can put me on the right track ASAP

best regards

  Bob Sharp
     bobsharp@ntlworld.com?CC=bob.sharp@ait.co.uk