Re: [xml-dev] When to Validate XML Guidelines

Simon St.Laurent writes:
 > The parts of DTDs which I use tend to be the attribute defaulting bits,
 > and that mostly for XLink, which I haven't used much lately.  Those work
 > well with most of the Java parsers I use, but they frequently disappear
 > with expat implementations, so I'm trying to break myself of the habit.

  Do you think these are Expat problems, or the application built on
top?  (I suppose it could be older versions of Expat as well.)
  If you have reproducible test cases, I'd love to have them so any
Expat bugs can be fixed for future versions.

 > I still recommend that people write DTDs or their favorite flavors of
 > schema when they create a new vocabulary, even if they don't plan to
 > validate.  I find it can clarify thought processes and it's useful
 > documentation.

  Amen, brother!  ;-)

  -Fred

--