Re: [xml-dev] When to Validate XML Guidelines

On Mon, 2001-10-01 at 14:48, Fred L. Drake, Jr. wrote:

> Simon St.Laurent writes:
>  > The parts of DTDs which I use tend to be the attribute defaulting bits,
>  > and that mostly for XLink, which I haven't used much lately.  Those work
>  > well with most of the Java parsers I use, but they frequently disappear
>  > with expat implementations, so I'm trying to break myself of the habit.
>
>   Do you think these are Expat problems, or the application built on
> top?  (I suppose it could be older versions of Expat as well.)
>   If you have reproducible test cases, I'd love to have them so any
> Expat bugs can be fixed for future versions.

Expat's behavior is legal - non-validating parsers don't have to read
external DTD subsets.  It's switchable in more recent versions, but I'm
not sure the applications yet take advantage of that.  I should poke
around Mozilla again.

>   Amen, brother!  ;-)

XML-dev as revival meeting might be a lot of fun.  Maybe at one of these
conferences...

-
Simon St.Laurent
"Every day, in every way, I'm getting better and better." - Emile Coue