Re: [xml-dev] When to Validate XML Guidelines

Simon St.Laurent writes:
 > Expat's behavior is legal - non-validating parsers don't have to read
 > external DTD subsets.  It's switchable in more recent versions, but I'm
 > not sure the applications yet take advantage of that.  I should poke
 > around Mozilla again.

  Then it sounds like the applications to me; you're requiring more
functionality than the application is providing.  I can live with that
as long as the information you need is available when the app does
load external subsets.

 > XML-dev as revival meeting might be a lot of fun.  Maybe at one of these
 > conferences...

  Hehe!  Too bad it'll have to be a conference I can justify to my
employer; I think that means just the Python conference these days.
(February in lovely, frozen Alexandria, Virginia, for anyone who's
interested! ;-)

  -Fred

--
Fred L. Drake, Jr.  <fdrake at acm.org>