Re: [xml-dev] more on "subelement signicance"

On Wed, 2001-10-03 at 16:54, mrossi@csc.com wrote:
> Simon,
>      I find it quite ironic that you're troubled by the meaning of meaning.
> Or have I have confused the meaning of irony? Oh no.

I think you're all right with the irony, though you've probably got your
own interpretation of that word...

It's not the "meaning of meaning" that gets me, it's people who think
they and everyone else know what "meaning" means.  It gets even more
dangerous when people talk about "knowledge" like that.  Then there's
that "truth" business... I think I prefer the syntactic basement.

--
Simon St.Laurent
"Every day, in every way, I'm getting better and better." - Emile Coue