RE: [xml-dev] Let's get real on W3C XForms 1.0 (why it stinks, to day)

Sebatian, if the US Navy had patented the MID team work
that parts of XForms duplicate, you would
not have Mozquito without paying the fees.   No, you probably don't
know much about MID.  That's precisely the point.  No
one knew about the Sun patent on XPointer technology.
None of us familiar with prior art would have taken
that patent seriously had we known.  Yet, it stands
and without a RAND (free is as non-discrimanatory
as it gets) policy, we will get more of those.

No way forward but through this issue.

len