[xml-dev] Surprise?

What I find the most surprising in the W3C Patents battle is that people
seem to be surprised that the W3C might be defending what most of its
members consider -true or not- as their interest.

Most of its members are software editors or industrials and most of them
think that patents are the only way to protect their investments.

Why should (or how could) the W3C take a position that could be seen as
contrary to the interest of its members?

The best we can expect from the W3C is that they create a zone of
relative freedom around their recommendations --like several of its
members have wished on this list.

That being said, isn't it a new illustration that all the other actors
including the web users and the open source developpers should be
represented when decisions are taken "to lead the World Wide Web to its
full potential"?

Eric
--
Rendez-vous à Paris pour une visite guidee de la nebuleuse XML.
                                            http://dyomedea.com/formation/