RE: [xml-dev] Let's get real on W3C XForms 1.0 (why it stinks, to day)

Cases outline below are remedied with a so called 'suicide' clause, a device
often used by companies as protection against hostile takeovers.  If and
when a recommendation has patent dispute, there should be only two possible
outcome as illustrated by one of the most famous quotes:

  "Give me freedom or give me death."

Either the patent holder grants free use of the patent by the recommendation
and its implementations or the recommendation is revoked.  This could result
in years of labor being wasted, but such waste is far preferable to the
alternative in my opinion.

Best,

Don Park
Docuverse