Re: [xml-dev] Let's get real on W3C XForms 1.0 (why it stinks, to day)

From: "Ann Navarro" <ann@webgeek.com>

> At 02:03 AM 10/6/2001 -0700, Don Park wrote:

> How long do you think it takes to do a thorough examination of an IP
> portfolio with tens of thousands of items in it, to be able to declare with
> any kind of competence that there is no conflict that needs to be declared?

A IPR lawyer told me this week that the going rate for challenging a US
patent is about $100,000.

I find it difficult to reconcile talk of freedom and market forces when
the reality seems to be that Western technological dominance is based
on the state granting temporary monopolies.

Cheers
Rick Jelliffe