[xml-dev] DTD for Data Visualization ?

I'm looking for a DTD for describing graphs/plots/charts.
(Yes, I've checked the archives/FAQ).
SVG contains some nice attributes, but is too low level.
I'm looking for something I can adapt to a Perl
DBI driver I've written (DBD::Chart
www.presicient/dbdchart for the curious..)
Given the natural tendency to marry XML to
databases, I'm hoping a reasonably concise DTD
describing the properties of a barchart/piechart/linegraph/etc.
( optionally supplying the datapoints to be plotted) exists
that I can use to bridge the gap between XML and
DBD::Chart's SQL syntax.

TIA,
Dean Arnold