RE: [xml-dev] Let's get real on W3C XForms 1.0 (why it stinks, to day)

At 02:39 AM 10/7/2001 -0700, Don Park wrote:
> > > At 02:03 AM 10/6/2001 -0700, Don Park wrote:
> >
> > > How long do you think it takes to do a thorough examination of an IP
> > > portfolio with tens of thousands of items in it, to be able to
> > declare with
> > > any kind of competence that there is no conflict that needs to
> > be declared?
>
>Words above were written by Ann Navarro, not me.  Frankly, I fail to see why
>Ann is making these pointless arguments.

My point is that many of the "proposals" here have been hopelessly naive,
or are exact duplicates of what conditions the W3C *has* been operating
under, which haven't prevented the problems we're currently facing.

It's very noble to say "if there's a claim holder that won't grant an RF
license, the body won't recognize it as a standard". I just won't hold my
breath waiting for it to happen.

Ann

Ann Navarro, WebGeek Inc.
http://www.webgeek.com/