RE: [xml-dev] storing XML files

Title: RE: [xml-dev] storing XML files

Perhaps showing my limited XML experience, but wouldn't this nesting that you speak of have to be defined in the Schema.  For example, the following schema:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<xs:schema xmlns:xs="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema" elementFormDefault="qualified" attributeFormDefault="unqualified">

        <xs:element name="Foo">
              <xs:complexType>
                  <xs:sequence maxOccurs="unbounded">

                    <xs:element name="Foo">
                            <xs:complexType>

                                  <xs:sequence maxOccurs="unbounded">

                                      <xs:element name="Foo"/>

                                  </xs:sequence>

                            </xs:complexType>

                    </xs:element>
                  </xs:sequence>
              </xs:complexType>
        </xs:element>
</xs:schema>

Would produce the following XPaths

Foo
Foo\Foo
Foo\Foo\Foo

Everything is uniquely identified.  Zero, 1, or more than 1 can be stored with each unique XPath.  In the case of many values for an XPath, a sequence can be used to show repeating elements that occur in a specific order.

Dave