RE: [xml-dev] Re: W3C ridiculous new policy on patents

On Thu, 2001-10-11 at 09:06, Bullard, Claude L (Len) wrote:
>  Underfunding
> is not an excuse to break the law any more
> than lack of knowledge is a reason for any
> group to get a patent.

Uh, Len?  Describing open source projects as "underfunded" seems to
reflect a serious lack of understanding about the nature of open source
and some of the basic reasons that open source and patented processes
aren't compatible.

Believe it or not, not everything is about cash.  Nor does everyone find
the notions of contracts and property you espouse so plainly to be
useful, much less interesting.

--
Simon St.Laurent
"Every day, in every way, I'm getting better and better." - Emile Coue