Re: [xml-dev] PSVI using existing infoset items

--- "Henry S. Thompson" <ht@cogsci.ed.ac.uk> wrote:
> Eric van der Vlist <vdv@dyomedea.com> writes:

> > And also, what is the status of the document ? Wouldn't it be worth
> > to make it a more official W3C specification ?
>
> We're trying to figure out where to take this next.  Maybe a
> non-normative appendix to the next edition of XML Schema.

Why not make it normative?

> > This could also be a point of covergence between different schema
> languages,
> > do you know if it might happen ?
>
> Good point.

It seems to me that a standard in this area would permit non-schema-aware tools
to work with the PSVI (see Rick Jelliffe's note about XSLT and Schematron), and
would let PSVI consuming applications be agnostic as to which schema languages
they support. It would be a step back towards making the whole set of XML
recommendations more modular.

Jim

=====
Jim Ancona