Re: [xml-dev] PSVI using existing infoset items

On Tue, 2001-10-16 at 13:51, Jim Ancona wrote:
> It seems to me that a standard in this area would permit non-schema-aware tools
> to work with the PSVI (see Rick Jelliffe's note about XSLT and Schematron), and
> would let PSVI consuming applications be agnostic as to which schema languages
> they support. It would be a step back towards making the whole set of XML
> recommendations more modular.

I'd love to see the PSVI treated that way.  It would ease a lot of my
concerns about the PSVI, and an explicit-in-XML approach is pretty much
what I'm advocating in my Regular Fragmentations work.

There's still be large philosophical differences, but it would be a lot
easier to talk.

--
Simon St.Laurent
"Every day, in every way, I'm getting better and better." - Emile Coue