Re: [xml-dev] PSVI using existing infoset items

Thank you Rick, never had one of my transforms called amazing before!

The current state of play is at
http://www.schemavalid.com/utils/typeTagger.zip, and as I've mentioned
on xsl-list, it will compile a typeTagger transform from a schema. The
typeTagger transform will mark up all elements in a compliant document
with their unique element name and unique type name. So far it seems to
handle global elements, local
elements, global types, anonymous types and refs correctly, and ought to
handle xsd:include too, though I haven't tested that. It doesn't yet
handle inheritance by extension or redefines. And frankly it's probably
ready for a bit of code refactoring. But the overall code structure is a
lot simpler than I expected, and it may have some tutorial value.

It does show that there is an interesting and possibly useful division
of schema processing between type recognition and full-on validation.

I'll definitely be working on it, but if anyone wants to take on a
feature or two, or to build an equivalent for Relax NG, I'd be delighted
to co-operate.

Francis.