Re: [xml-dev] XML for Video, Pizza Shops & TakeOut

Bullard, Claude L (Len) wrote:

> One always open the phone book and look but what
> fun is that?

No fun if you don't have one with you. Here's a scenario that makes sense to me:
I'm travelling, somewhere I don't know. The car's tank is nearly empty and I really do
want to find the *nearest* place to fill up. And when I want to eat, I want maybe not a
pizza parlour, but an Indian or Lebanese restaurant. I don't have a phone book, I don't
know the ZIP code where I am, I might be able to tell you roughly what city I'm in or was
in 5 minutes ago (picture Silicon Valley, where the boundaries are not exactly easy to
figure out)...

My cell phone should be able to tell me where to fill up, and where to find that Lebanese
restaurant, or tell me there isn't one within a half-hour drive.
Wasn't that meant to be the promise of web services?

Lauren