Re: [xml-dev] XML for Video, Pizza Shops & TakeOut

David Lyon wrote:

> For a few hundred bucks cost, don't you think it would be really cool to have
> a console in your hotel room to do the ordering from in a language that you
> understand.

I guess it would be cooler than using the phone book or the menus in the room,
but the interest would dry up pretty quickly when the restaurant realised that
they had to change the fish of the day from blackened barramundi to ocean trout
in fennel sauce in 27 languages. (Yes, you could automate the transliteration -
after all, it worked pretty well for my daughter's bike...) The cost wouldn't be
in the device, it would be in the maintenance of the system as a whole.

> I reckon that would be a really cool xml device. It could be revenue
> generating paying for itself earning money for every pizza ordered.

I had Nintendo in my room last week. Guess how many games I played?

--
Regards,

Marcus Carr                      email:  mrc@allette.com.au
       - Einstein