Re: [xml-dev] Handling internal general entities with SAX

At 8:00 PM -0700 2001-10-22, Marcus Carr wrote:
>"Ernest G. Allen" wrote:
>
>> > I haven't seen this behaviour in any xml processors but nsgmls
>> > comes close by being able to specify the -i{name} flag to change
>> > the replacement value of a parameter entity from "IGNORE" to
>> > "INCLUDE".
>>
>> Yeah, it's pretty handy, but like you, nsgmls is the only parser I
>> know of that has an option like that.
>
>OmniMark will allow you to write an entity manager - it gives you
>full control over pretty much every aspect of how entities should be
>resolved.
>

>--
>Regards,
>
>Marcus Carr                      email:  mrc@allette.com.au
>Allette Systems (Australia)      www:    http://www.allette.com.au
>"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler."
>       - Einstein

Marcus,

Oops!  I SHOULD have remembered since I've used OmniMark off and
on since 1994.  I guess that since I haven't used it at my current
job (March 19 - October 31, 2001) and I was thinking XML instead
of SGML, I spaced out and forgot about OmniMark's XML support and
custom entity management capabilities.  At least that's my guess
as to what happened inside the lump of flesh between my ears.

Should have, would have, could have... my apologies to all of the
other OmniMark fans on the list.

/s/ Ernest G. Allen
    Sunnyvale, CA, USA