[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[xml-dev] [ANN] Schematron upgrade using MSXML 4 RTM
- From: Rick Jelliffe <email@example.com>
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2001 23:11:51 +1000
I am happy to announce the latest release of the Topologi Schematron Validator,
a free Windows-based tool for validating XML documents using Schematron
schemas. It also handles DTDs, W3C XML Schemas, and Schematron schemas
embedded in W3C XML Schemas.
It can be obtained from
The features of this release are:
1) It uses Microsoft's MSXML 4 RTM library. Previous versions used the beta MSXML;
Microsoft sent us a pre-release MSXML 4 to make sure it would work with
Schematron. I guess Schematron has a lot of edge cases that make it a good torture test.
MSXML 4 is very fast and seems a pretty good implementation.
2) We support the schemaLocation attribute and DTDs using the DOCTYPE
SYSTEM declaration. If you do not select a schema, the validator will try
to use those.
3) Various bugs have been fixed: the window minimization bug, the generate
RDF and generate Topic Maps. The RDF schema has been improved.
If you have downloaded an earlier version, I will be emailing you the location
of the upgrade so you don't have to re-register.
Otherwise, the validator is free to anyone who cares to register.