Re: [xml-dev] Microsoft's deeply cynical appealto"standards comp liance"

10/25/01 11:07:10 PM, Rick Jelliffe <ricko@allette.com.au> wrote:

>From: "Champion, Mike" <Mike.Champion@SoftwareAG-USA.com>
>
>> I'm inclined to agree with Joshua Allen:  this was probably nerd-level
>> decision by someone who doesn't see the big picture, and who is about to get
>> straightened out by the Powers that Be.
>
>But even that would still show a culture in which some employees  feel
>free to screw people to win.   I hope the new judge in their sentencing
>has the guts to do something;  I really cannot see why breaking them up
>still isn't the only reasonable approach.

Actually, the attitude that it's better to lock a viewer out than to let him see one's work in less
than its (perceived) full glory is fairly endemic among Web dee-ziners in places other than
Microsoft; I suspect it reflects a late-teen/early-twentysomething world view more than anything
else.