From: Champion, Mike [mailto:Mike.Champion@SoftwareAG-USA.com]
Sent: Friday, October 26, 2001 3:52 PM
To: Joshua Allen; Ken North; xml-dev@lists.xml.org; sateesh narahari
Subject: RE: [xml-dev] Microsoft's deeply cynical appealto"standards
comp liance"

I don't really want to continue flogging this dead horse, but I just
saw Opera's press release on this episode:
http://www.opera.com/pressreleases/xhtml/20011026.xml

"The irony of Microsoft's claim to standards-support is complete when you
check the MSN.com site for compliance with the XHTML standard. Anyone can go
to the W3C's standards validation service at http://validator.w3.org/ and
type in www.msn.com. The document returned demonstrates clearly that not a
single document on their site adheres to W3C specifications, and many of
their documents do not use XHTML at all, e.g. http://careers.msn.com/."