RE: [xml-dev] Registration status

Just to make sure I have understood things around this thread:

Due to the nature of XML (specifically, mixed vocabularies) MIME types
are somewhat useless and an application should determine what to do with
fragments of a mixed document using the expanded names of the nodes.
But it's impossible for a multipurpose XML app, to have build-in
resolutions of all possible namespaces, thus we need a more well defined
or even strict namespace methodology, meaning descriptions of vocabulary
characteristics stored at the namespace URI.

From what I can understand, this will grow as a requirement between XML
standards. We have already reached a point where we need references to
documentation (this is probably where mimes will end up),
validation-related documents, commonly used transformations or even
useful pieces of programming code, versioning information etc.

What strucks me here, is that the only attempt to implement this in an
adequate level (AFAIK) is RDDL, which comes from no standards body...

Kindest regards,

Manos