Re: [xml-dev] HTML Include in XSL document

> On Mon, 5 Nov 2001, Magick, Brian wrote:
>
> > Perhaps someone can help:
> >
> > I'm using XML / XSL to recreate a web site of static html pages.  The
> > current html pages reference an includes file:  <!--#include
> > virtual="/includes/leftmenu.html" --> which I am trying to plug into the
> > XSL file (not the XML) to generate to the new pages.
>
> For some reason, your XSL stylesheet is seeing your XML comments as
> just plain text, and doing escaping for you.

The only cause I can see to this is that "<!--#include... -->" is actually
taken
from a parameter or a text node, and Brian is trying to output it with
<xsl:value-of select="..." />
If this is the case, then adding a disable-output-escaping attribute
to your <xsl:value-of> will do the trick :
<xsl:value-of select="..." disable-output-escaping="yes"/>

Otherwise, David's suggestion is right, you can use <xsl:comment>.

The <xsl:copy-of> solution sound overkill, though, as it implies parsing the
leftmenu.htm file. I'd guess that this would be slower (if it worked) than
letting
the server do a plain SSI downstream.

Of course, what you should do is convert leftmenu.htm to XSL and
<xsl:import> it...

--Jonathan