-----Original Message-----
From: Champion, Mike [mailto:Mike.Champion@SoftwareAG-USA.com]

Something like RDDL is *exactly* what I would like to see here.  It's just a
nice suggestion for a way forward that tools developers can implement rather
than re-inventing the id-ness wheel or leaving it to the application
writers.  Concrete experience with it in the field may motivate the W3C (or
ISO, or whoever comes along and applies the lessons of history to XML 1.0)
to put it in a "real" standard someday.