RE: [xml-dev] [OT] Missing posts

It also seems that the archives have been re-indexed, this means that
all links from eclectic, xmlhack articles and XML-Deviant columns
are broken.

For example, this should be a posting from Edd Dumbill:
(now its Dan Weinreb on XML databases).

this should be a posting from Brian Magick:
(its now Ann Navarro on RAND).

and this should be James Clark's xml:idatts proposal:
(its now Bjoern Hoehrmann on text/xml)

I've checked enough links to be sure that they weren't mistakes
on my own part (the links from this story
http://www.xmlhack.com/read.php?item=1280 are broken as well).

It's annoying and demoralising to invest a large amount of time
abstracting useful information from this list, only to have it be
undone by a lack of commitment to stable archive URLs.

It undermines the usefulness in having an archive in the first
place.

Is there any chance that this will/can be remedied?

L.

--
Leigh Dodds, Research Group, Ingenta | "Pluralitas non est ponenda
http://weblogs.userland.com/eclectic |    sine necessitate"