RE: [xml-dev] DOM or SAX: Sense and Sensibility

<snip/>

> My prediction is that the era of low-level
> lexer ( called SAX ) and low-level model
> ( called DOM)  is over and there will be
> soon more high-level bindings on top
> of these low-level APIs (or not on top of them).
>
> I think that asking developers to write all the code
> in terms of SAX or DOM APIs is like asking
> them to write programms in assembly language.

I agree entirely. DOM and SAX will be the domain for applications doing
generic XML processing. Developers trying to solve business problems will be
using tools that abstract away all XML-specific APIs -- either using
transformation technologies with high-level modelling tools or declarative
mapping/transformation languages, or using data-binding technologies that
hide XML beneath simpler and more familiar object models.