RE: [xml-dev] So maybe ID isn't a problem after all.

You're not exactly John Q. Webhacker, Gavin! (likewise, Jonathan Borden).
How about the folks who don't develop their own tools and haven't 10 years
of experience with SGML?  Would ordinary mortals find some sort of
standardized PI or namespace to define ID-ness helpful?

Would those of us who develop tools and explain how to use them find it
easier to help J. Q. Webhacker and friends declare IDs with DTDs/Schemas, or
with the ID-ness PI/namespace?