Re: [xml-dev] So maybe ID isn't a problem after all.

On Saturday 10 November 2001 10:15 pm, Champion, Mike wrote:
> You're not exactly John Q. Webhacker, Gavin! (likewise, Jonathan Borden).
> How about the folks who don't develop their own tools and haven't 10 years
> of experience with SGML?  Would ordinary mortals find some sort of
> standardized PI or namespace to define ID-ness helpful?

Actually, it is precisely those people that I think are hurt most by
introducing all this special-casing. Every rule we add makes it just that
much harder for people to grok.

People understood XML pretty well. Then along came schemas, XSL, xml:base,
etc. etc. ad nauseum. For a lot of the common folk it's hard to understand
what they need and what they don't:, becasue they have to learn everything in
order to decide...