SV: [xml-dev] What constitutes an XML document?

Hi Paul

This is an interesting question.

A XML document can have 2 formal states:

1. Wellformed
2. Valid

The Wellformed document is what you describe below, and the Valid
document needs a DTD.

So I say that the answer is, a Wellformed document is a syntactically
correct XML document according to the XML spec, and if you have such a
one, you have a XML document (Wellformed, not Valid).

Best regards

JJ