[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [xml-dev] So maybe ID isn't a problem after all.
- To: <email@example.com>
- Subject: Re: [xml-dev] So maybe ID isn't a problem after all.
- From: Gavin Thomas Nicol <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2001 18:34:46 -0500
- In-reply-to: <2D399D85685F33449256F526F7BF1EF409C7D0@ULYSSES.neocore.com>
- Organization: Red Bridge Interactive, Inc.
- References: <2D399D85685F33449256F526F7BF1EF409C7D0@ULYSSES.neocore.com>
On Monday 12 November 2001 05:06 pm, Linda Grimaldi wrote:
> One useful aspect to those of us in the db world of the standardization
> of xml:id is a consistent way to ensure uniqueness within a database.
> It's not essential, but it sure would make life easier.
Nobody is precluding specifying constraints such as this in a schema. You
don't need to standardize to accomplish the goal here.