human-readability

From: "James Clark" <jjc@jclark.com>

> In a case where a server might be sending either XML or something else like
> HTML or PDF, then we are typically dealing with a human-readable document,
> which means that the XML is going to need a stylesheet.

This triggered off something that I wanted to post in response to some recent
but now-lost posting on XML-DEV.

There is a difference between a notation such as XML being human-readable
and structure/data expressed as XML documents being human-comprehensible.

One might almost say that the more the markup is difficult to comprehend,
the more headstart developers have that is at least the document is readable.

Cheers
Rick Jelliffe