Re: [xml-dev] IDs considered harmful or why keys might be better thanIDs...

Michael Kay wrote:

 >>So why do we need _another_ mechanism to declare IDs?
 >>

 > Well, one reason is that an XML document produced as the output
 > of an XSLT transformation will never have an internal subset.

Looks like a 3rd application to add to the list (after DocBook, MathML
and SOAP). If the list continues to grow, the question might become why
these applications have decided not to use (or to use in an invalid way)
internal subsets or full DTDs.

Eric

--
Rendez-vous à Paris pour le Forum XML.