Re: [xml-dev] IDs considered harmful or why keys might be betterthanIDs...

At 14:28 13/11/2001 -0800, you wrote:
> > The case against internal subsets is compelling IMHO. They don't round
> > trip.
>
>... through some tools.  Which seems substantially to be an issue with
>those tools than with internal subsets.

I'd say its an issue to do with pragmatism. Folk look at the
internal subset issues weight up the cost/benefit and say
"nah".

I don't blame them. Getting interoperable XML with even
the gang of four  concepts of start-tag, end-tag, attributes
and character data is hard enough.

Round-tripping internal subsets just isn't done
in the real world unless I am currently not in
it (a possibility I admit.)

Sean