Re: [xml-dev] use SAX to get "tree" under XML node

> > > I said "XML" -- no subset, the Real Thing.  :)
> >
> > You mean every XML document in the world
> > *should* have a namespaces, bunch of PIs,
> > internal DTD e t.c. ?
>
> No, I only meant what I said.

I think that I overreacted to the 'Real Thing' wording.
Sorry for that. And now I'm about to overreact to
the wording 'marginally interoperable'. Sorry for that
as well.

> If you're writing XML,
> you're better off using tools that write the Real Thing
> so you don't create interop problems ... rather than
> assuming some marginally interoperable subset.

Excuse me, but writing out the *strict* subset of XML
creates *zero* interoperability problems.

> On the other hand, if the original question had said
> that some subset was involved (clearly wasn't, given
> the "CDATA is fine" followup :)  the answer could
> have been different.

'CDATA is fine' means that at this point of time,
developer thinks that 'CDATA is fine'.

Rgds.Paul.