Re: [xml-dev] Parsing Streaming XML Incrementally

Hi Stephen,

Does the total information sent by the client to the server make a
well-formed XML document? Same for the total information from the server to
the client? From your example it looks as though it might.

If it does, then I'm willing to bet that the vendor is expecting you to open
one connection/stream for each direction. You write XML in pieces to the one
and read it back from the other.

Don't close the stream from the server (actually either stream). If you do
this then an event based parser like SAX will call a handler/call-back for
each event it receives. If you write your request pieces from the handler
methods, then you should get an interleaved protocol going.

If you close the connections, or try to use a parser that has to read ahead
you will have a problem. (So don't generate a DOM).

Just a guess. I hope I said it clearly enough to be understood.

Cheers,
Bob