RE: [xml-dev] Comparing 2 xml documents

> -----Original Message-----
> From: bob mcwhirter [mailto:bob@werken.com]
> Sent: Thursday, November 15, 2001 10:36 PM
> To: Kip Hampton
> Cc: 'xml-dev@lists.xml.org'
> Subject: Re: [xml-dev] Comparing 2 xml documents
>

> Also, this is what XML-C14N is about

The non-initiated may need a FAQ answered:  There is a quaint custom in the
W3C (and IETF, and maybe other geek havens) of making contractions by
substituting a number for that number of intermediate characters being
thrown away.

Thus, "InternationaliatioN -> I18N
      "CanonicalizatioN"   -> C14N
      "LocalizatioN        -> L10N

Forgive the interruption if y'all are geekier than me and didn't need this
translation.