[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [xml-dev] Re: determining ID-ness in XML
- To: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: Re: [xml-dev] Re: determining ID-ness in XML
- From: "Rick Jelliffe" <email@example.com>
- Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2001 18:27:35 +1100
- References: <9A4FC925410C024792B85198DF1E97E401A85312@usmsg03.sagus.com>
From: "Champion, Mike" <Mike.Champion@SoftwareAG-USA.com>
> These potential complications seem to suggest that doing any more than the
> bare minimum could start to get hairy. I'm inclined against adding ISO
> entities, multiple ids/element, namespace support, etc. in the first
So then we get
+/- PSVI contributions
+/- xlink embed
= 256 flavours of XML systems even without addressing entity defaulting.
Thin uncordinated layers are the recipe for non-interoperability.