Re: [xml-dev] Should attributes be prefixed

On 01/11/22 7:26 AM, "David Megginson" <david@megginson.com> wrote:

> <inv:invoice date="20011122" acme:authority="dpm">
> </inv:invoice>
>
> Presuming that the "invoice" model designers were bright enough to
> write clear processing rules, including "ignore any unrecognized
> attribute not in the invoice Namespace", then the extra attribute will
> be guaranteed not to break anyone else's processing software.

Shouldn't this be "ignore any unrecognized attribute not in the invoice
Namespace, but don't forget to pass it along to downstream XML processors"?
Not stripping the unrecognized attributes in a stream of XML
processors/applications is going to be important if this is going to work, I
think. Am I missing something?

Cheers,
Bob